Monday, February 14, 2011

Head 'em up, Move 'em out

 
Two scarves on wires, what a beautiful sight! The Lace Ribbon scarf was begun in spring 2008, shortly after the pattern appeared in Knitty. I used a skein of Pro Natura wool and bamboo sock yarn. I'm not sure it was the best choice for the yarn or pattern, but by the time I decided that it was way too late to start over.

The smaller scarf is the Rising bubbles pattern that started as a test swatch and grew into a small scarf to tuck into the neck of a coat.
  Lace Ribbon Detail
 
Posted by Picasa
I had ambitions of a Modern Log Cabin crib blanket, but as the blanket grew it got too hard to move on the needles, so I declared victory and bound off. It is a seat cover for the little kittle's favorite chair.
I have finished a couple of baby projects and am almost finished with a long-deferred pullover. By the end of the week my needles will be saying "Free at last, free at last!"

No comments: